Today I want to share with you my ten years of experience in the affiliate marketing industry. I will show you in detail how to start an affiliate marketing business for free.
I hope that at the end of this article, you will have a better understanding of what is an affiliate marketing business as well as how to get started in this industry; which is one of the best ways to make a living online.
However, before going into the subject matter, I would like you to inform you that contrary to what some malicious people claim, there are no easy ways to succeed as an affiliate marketer.
Any success will depend on your ability and willingness to work hard, as well as your dedication and patience.
Not only does the mastery of this industry require time, but you will also need to have followed adequate prior training. You will find hereafter the seven tips to become a successful affiliate marketer.
Choose A Profitable Niche
Before thinking about creating your first website, you need to get the idea of where you want to get started.
If you don’t have an idea of your niche, you will not be able to build a site around it because you must first understand what you plan to do.
Choosing profitable niche markets is one of the most challenging and essential steps in your career as an affiliate marketer.
You can find hereafter some ideas that will help you find profitable niches.
- Determine the subjects you are passionate about – It is much easier to work on a topic of your interest because if you have a passion, you already have a lot of knowledge about it and it can be is a significant advantage. For example, if your passion is about beauty products like the founder of Mary Kay, your niche will relate to these products.
- Ask whether the niche is profitable – Even if the best option would be to choose your passion, there will be no need to get into it if it is not profitable. You will have no other choice than finding a suitable opportunity that will allow you to make money.
- Choose a subject where you can quickly write the maximum of blog posts-You must choose a domain that is deep enough for you to create a lot of content. This aspect is crucial because it will allow you to create a site that has authority for search engine optimization as well as for the end-user.
- Determine whether the niche is wide enough to accommodate other affiliate marketers – Several niches are as profitable as popular such as weight loss. Make sure your niche is not saturated and that you can find a place. Also, ask yourself if you can make money and compete with established marketers. If not, try to find another niche.
- Determine if there is enough demand for products in your niche – Even if your niche seems to be good enough, it will not be profitable for you if consumers do not have interests in your products.
- Ask if there are affiliate programs in your niche – This is a decisive criterion to take into account. You need first to know that you act as an affiliate marketer. If there are no affiliate programs for your niche, there will be no sales nor profit.
Research Best Online Affiliate Programs
When you have chosen a niche, the next step will be to find the programs and products to promote.
The process of choosing an affiliate program will require you a lot of work, so be prepared to invest enough time because this is where your income will come from.
To choose an affiliate program, you can consider the following criteria:
Think about the merchants who use the affiliate program or network
You will need to make sure there are competitors in the network you use; this will help you to evaluate your chances of success with the program in question.
Determine the potential commissions with the products
It is about making sure you join successful programs that are likely to generate enough return on investment.
- If you sell the products found on the ClickBank platform, be sure to choose those with a commission of at least 50% with a high demand rate.
- CPA or cost-per-action programs must have a commission of at least 1 dollar. Also, they should not be too restrictive about how to promote them.
- For physical products, look for those with commissions over $ 40.
Evaluate the products and services you want to promote
It is essential to know that the products and services you plan to promote to your audience are relevant and of good quality.
You must make sure you have full confidence in them and have enough knowledge; because you will be required to present convincing sales pitches to your potential customers.
You must also be able to create a climate of trust with your audience; it is the reason you must choose reliable products and services.
Identify the type of support provided by the affiliate program
You will need to check what kind of customer support to expect from your affiliate program before joining it. You will be able to search online or seek the opinions of other sellers that use the same program.
To do this, you can use different communication channels, such as phones or Skype. I advise you to be always as accurate as possible.
Create A Website For Your Business
Once the first and second steps are done, you will have at your disposal the profitable products of your favorite niche. It will be time to put your research into practice.
The next step will be to build your site if you do not have one yet. Well, for you, the current technological development makes the process very easy; you can do it in just a few minutes utilizing WordPress.
The easiest way for a beginner in online marketing to create a website is to use the WordPress content management system.
It is effortless to use and does not require technical knowledge to configure your site. All you will need to do is follow a few steps to get your site up and running in no time.
Purchase of a domain
The domain is the address of your website. It is the starting point for configuring your site. Given the fact that there are millions of websites on the Internet, it could be that the name of the domain of your choice is not available; if someone else has already taken it.
In this case, you will have several other options in mind; I will also give you some tips for choosing the right domain name.
Also, do not forget to refer to the conclusion at the end of this section; you will discover a platform that integrates all the elements you need to run your online business successfully.
Hosting your site
If your domain is the address of your website, you should also know that the hosting is a house where this site will live.
It is where all the files on your website are kept and what is interesting is that nowadays hosting is very affordable. All you need to do is choose a reliable and reputable hosting company because your affiliate marketing business will depend on it.
Once the hosting of your site is done, the next step will be to install the content management system for your website. WordPress is the most appropriate, given its ease of use, especially for beginners.
The ways WordPress works are easy to understand; most hosting companies such as Wealthy Affiliate will have a one-click installation option, meaning it will only take a few minutes to install your site.
Installing your theme
It is from a WordPress theme that results in all the style of your website. The way your audience perceives it is one of the determining factors for the success of your online business.
It is always better to choose a simple and easy to customize the theme; you can also change it at any time.
If you want to learn the best ways of making money online, I advise you to join Wealthy Affiliate because this company is a complete program that includes everything you need to succeed online.
It integrates into a single platform the creation of your websites, the domain purchase, hosting, the WordPress and theme installation, the training, the tools, the support, the personal help, the live classes, the community, a database of best affiliates programs and many more.
This company is a complete platform to learn the profession of affiliate marketing from scratch to the advanced level.
Write Quality Contents
After setting up your site and joining an affiliate program, you will be ready to move on to the most rewarding step of affiliate marketing that is producing content.
Above all, you need to understand that content is one of the most critical aspects of your success as an affiliate marketer.
Your goal will be to do everything so that your site has authority in your niche; the primary way to achieve this is to produce unique and high-quality content.
I advise you to use the following techniques:
Do product reviews
The usual process is to write reviews of different products or services. It is a standard model that, once applied correctly, can generate you a significant income. Such reviews will help readers of your site to make the best decision about the products they want to purchase.
Once they have read the reviews on your site, they may click on the product or service you are promoting using your affiliate link. If they buy, you will earn commissions.
In case your site aims to provide the public with information that will be useful forever, you will be able to create what is called evergreen content.
To do this, you will need to do extensive researches on keywords before planning such content because your site could hugely benefit.
It is for this reason that I recommend using a keyword search tool such as Jaaxy; that will allow your content to have the best ranking in major search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
It is one of the strategies used by many affiliate marketers. It consists of offering their audience educational products such as free e-books, a series of e-mails, or a mini-course.
To access them, readers of your site will first need to provide their email addresses. You can then use this data through email marketing to sell your products and services.
For example, if your information product is popular enough to generate a lot of traffic for your website, you can easily monetize the later by displaying advertisements.
As a reminder, the type of content you will create for your website will depend on your niche. You need to know that certain types of content adapt better to specific niches than others.
Build Online Audience
After the tips we have seen in the previous step, I will show you how to build an audience blog in this fifth step to start your career in the big affiliate marketing industry.
Indeed, when you have started to produce quality content, the readers of your site will bring you a lot of traffic and sales.
Here’s how to create an audience for an entirely new site.
Use social media to promote your content
Social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and many others are the easiest way to create an audience for a website.
Online marketers agree that engaged and interested in social media audience is an excellent opportunity to build relationships.
Once you have gained the trust of your audience, all you will have to do is to promote your products and services.
The procedure is straightforward to understand because loyal readers will visit your website to read different content, and some of them will eventually make purchases.
Create the email mailing list
The mailing list is one of the best methods used by many affiliate marketers. Building your email list can be done by using the lead magnet or by encouraging your audience to sign up to receive regular updates.
You can then use an email service provider (autoresponder) such as Aweber to send your content to this audience and direct it to your affiliate offers.
Instead of thinking immediately about sales, focus on building trust with your email audience, some of them will end up buying your products or services.
Increase your search engine traffic using basic SEO techniques
You should know that organic search is an indispensable source of traffic for your online business. Therefore; it is necessary to optimize your website for search engines.
Always keep in mind the reader of your blog; do not forget to follow some basic principles when creating your content.
You can use online training companies such as Wealthy Affiliate to learn how to maximize SEO opportunities for your website.
Once your site has appeared in search results in major search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing, it will be a great asset. You will be on the right track to make a full-time online income.
Invest in paid advertising
As many affiliate marketers will tell you, paid advertising is an excellent way to develop your online business, and there are many ways to do it.
You can use paid advertising on social media, inexpensive banners on small niche sites, or even better pay-per-click or PPC.
Promote Your Affiliate Programs
I am sure this is the part that interests most of you because it is about your ability to know how to use different affiliate marketing promotion methods; on which your success will depend.
Many affiliates often tend to skip the previous five steps to consecrate themselves to this one when they all go hand in hand.
Indeed, once you have proven your ability to offer something valuable in your niche, it will be time to continue to add value by promoting products that are useful to your audience.
There are different methods to promote your affiliate programs; it will depend on the type of website you have built and what you are selling. You can find below some ideas for doing this.
- Use product reviews – This method consists of writing honest reviews on different products. It will build trust with your audience, the more they will have confidence in you, the more they will trust your opinion. Be professional, do not just highlight the positive aspects of a product, and ignore the negative issues. An honest opinion will always be of great value.
- Use banner ads – It is a method of putting banner ads on your site to promote your affiliate offers. Most affiliate programs make website banner ads that they provide to their affiliates when they sign up for their offers. If you place banner ads in the right places, they can be an excellent source of sales.
- Insert content links in the text – It is the most common method used to promote offers. If you read different articles on a given blog, you will see that they contain links to particular products or services. When someone clicks on those links to make a purchase, the blog owner will receive a commission.
- Use of email – You will remember that we learned how to make a mailing list. Once you have a list of subscribers, you can use it to promote your affiliate offers. Before you use this method, it is better to establish a relationship with your audience. Also, make sure that the emails you send contain your affiliate links to the products you promote.
- Use of discounts and gifts – It is another method used by many affiliate marketers hey frequently offer promotions with discounts or attractive freebies to their customers. This is a great way to promote your products or services and provide excellent value for your audience.
When using this technique to promote your affiliate offers, it is advisable always to make sure you know all the conditions attached to your affiliate program; some of them may have restrictions on how to promote their products.
It is also essential to ensure that your site contains a disclaimer; which indicates to your audience that it may include links promoting offers from affiliate programs. Repeat Constantly The Last Three Steps
After following and implementing the first six steps that we have described in this post. Your next task will be to continually repeat steps four to six to bring your site to a point where it can generate consistent revenue.
The process will require a lot of work, do not be discouraged. If you want to get constant sales that will allow you to make a full-time income online, I advise you to create, promote, market, innovate permanently.
Thus ends this educational article on how to start an affiliate marketing business for free. The strategies described in this article have been tested and proven by the many successful affiliate marketers; all you have to do is to implement them correctly.
If you do not have enough knowledge in affiliate marketing, I advise you to take the time to learn this industry from a reliable source.
It is the only way to build a stable business online that will allow you to generate a full-time income online for many years to come.
If you are ready to start the affiliate marketing training to change your current financial situation and that of your family for many years to come, I advise you to click on the banner below to discover how to get started.
I hope I have done my best to bring you the maximum information that will help you succeed in your affiliate marketing journey; I wish you a lot of success.
If you have comments or questions about what has been discussed in this article, I advise you to leave them at the bottom of this page.
It will be a pleasure for me to get back to you as soon as possible.